Choba Choba – a different type of chocolate business!
Founded by Christoph, Eric, and 40 cacao farmers from Peru, Choba Choba stands as a multi-awardwinning social enterprise and the first Swiss chocolate company co-owned by cacao farmers. Our mission
is to significantly enhance the livelihoods of cocoa farmers in Peru. Collaboratively, our Bern-based team
works directly with the farmers, cultivating our own cocoa on 120ha of plantations in the Peruvian
Amazon. Our products, crafted solely from our cacao, are distributed through eCommerce and Retail,
catering to both chocolate enthusiasts and professionals.
To bolster our growth and implement our strategic vision, we are assembling a team of dynamic and
committed professionals dedicated to advancing Choba Choba’s mission and goals.
Our company’s development and the success of our initiatives in Peru hinge critically on our ability to:
Develop and market high quality chocolate products that value our terroir
Position Choba Choba as cacao expert and key player on the super-premium market
Explain and champion our farmer-owned model and our impact
Enhance operational support for our distributors and B2B clients in promoting our brand
Deliver engaging stories and expert content to our clients and customers
Increase brand awareness and gather a community of chocolate lovers and chocolate makers
Effectively manage and optimize financial operations and resources
Streamline operations to ensure the highest quality of chocolate production& logistics
Maintain robust financial oversight and long-term fiscal planning to ensure a solid and
sustainable financial foundation, essential for the enduring stability and growth of our business
In this critical phase of our journey, we are seeking a Finance & Company Operations Manager who
embodies these aspirations and is ready to make a meaningful contribution to our unique enterprise.
We are seeking a Finance & Company Operations Manager with a robust background in finance and
operations, bringing a minimum of 3-5 years of experience. Our ideal candidate excels in managing
financial processes and company operations, particularly in the food industry. The role demands a
professional who is communicative, analytical, adaptable, and capable of thriving in a multicultu ral
setting. A strategic yet practical approach is essential.
The role involves overseeing our financial strategy, planning, and budget, supporting diverse business
development channels. The ideal candidate should be adept in both strategic oversight and hands-on
management, ensuring efficient and effective operations across the company.
Reports to: Chief Sales Officer / Founder
Tasks and Responsibilities
Finance & Accounting
- Operational and strategic responsibility for finance and controlling
- Monthly Financial Oversight: Sales Reporting and Liquidity Analysis
- Financial accounting with accounts receivable and accounts payable in Business Central
- Coordination international payments and hedging against currency losses
- Planning, controlling and reporting (for the attention of various internal stakeholders) of the financial budget including creation of statistics/graphics to illustrate the reports
- Responsible for the annual financial statements (in cooperation with an external accountant)
- Management of all lenders and shareholders (including subscriptions) and support of the board in maintaining relationships with all investors
- Preparation of information for shareholders, including preparation of the annual general meeting
- Financial Analysis and Cost Management for Products: From Development to Special Orders
- Coordination of accounting of German subsidiary with German representatives
- Comprehensive Management and Coordination of International Employee Contracts, Legal and Tax Compliance, and Time Recording Systems
- Administration of Insurance and Authority Updates, Contract Management with Key Stakeholders, and Coordination of Legal Affairs
- Comprehensive IT Administration: Account Management, System Optimization, and Support Coordination
- General Office Administration incl. Customer Returns Skills & Mindset needed
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Business Administration, or a Related Field
- Master’s Degree (optional but advantageous): An MBA or a master’s in finance or accounting can provide advanced skills and knowledge
- At least 5 years of professional experience
- Financial and Accounting Knowledge: Proficiency in financial reporting, budgeting, and understanding accounting principles.
- IT Proficiency: Comfort with IT administration and software management.
- Analytical and Organizational Skills: Ability to analyze financial data and manage detailed administrative tasks.
- Communication: Effective internal and external communication skills.
- Strong initiative and structured way of working
- Prioritization of diverse tasks in a dynamic environment
- Experience in the food industry is not required, but is a big plus
- German as a native language and business fluent in English. Spanish and French are a plus
What we offer you:
- Engage in a Progressive Role at a Youthful and Energetic Company
- Work in Direct Partnership with the Founder and the CSO
- Enjoy a Varied and Stimulating Scope of Work with Ample Opportunities for Creative Input and Independence
- Experience a Friendly Work Atmosphere with Equitable Employment Terms
- Indulge in an Abundance of Exquisite Chocolate
- Participate in Purposeful Tasks with the Chance to Impact Meaningful Change
Starting date: March 2024, however, an earlier start date would be preferable if feasible