Join us and celebrate the beauty
of human experience.
Step into our world of creativity and joy!
Discover your potential
by embracing our culture of learning.
Find out more about
your recruitment journey with us.
Givaudan is the global leader in the creation of flavours and fragrances. In close collaboration with food, beverage, consumer product and fragrance partners, Givaudan develops tastes and scents that delight consumers the world over. With a passion to understand consumers’ preferences and a relentless drive to innovate, Givaudan is at the forefront of creating flavours and fragrances that ‘engage your senses’. The Company achieved sales of CHF 5.1 billion in 2017. Headquartered in Switzerland with local presence in over 100 locations, the company has more than 11,100 employees worldwide. Givaudan invites you to discover more at www.givaudan.com.
Global Environmental Protection Manager (Part time, 50%)
Join us and celebrate the beauty of human experience. Create for happier, healthier lives, with love for nature. Together, with kindness and humility, we deliver food innovations, craft inspired fragrances and develop beauty and wellbeing solutions that make people look and feel good. There’s much to learn and many to learn from, with more than 16,000 employees around the world to explore ideas and ambitions with. Dive into varied, flexible, and stimulating environments. Meet empowered professionals to partner with, befriend, and stretch your skills alongside. Every day, your energy, your creativity, and your determination will shape our future, making a positive difference on billions of people. Every essence of you enriches our world. We are Givaudan. Human by nature.
Global Environmental Protection Manager – Your future position? (Part time, 50%)
You will build global solutions findings in the area of Environmental Protection ensuring Leadership and Governance for the following subject matter topics: Water, Waste, Air, Wastewater and Odor emission management and topics interrelationship and collaborate with main functions such as Sustainability, Commercial, S&T, Creation & Application, Regulatory, Procurement, Operations, Engineering and Corporate Ethics and Compliance.
You will be based in Kemptthal, Switzerland and be reporting to Head of Global EHS Center of Excellence.
- Be accountable for all deliverables defined by our EHS strategy related to Environmental Protection.
- Assess current state and the requirements of the Environmental Protection subject matter topics within Givaudan
- Oversee, develop the Environmental Protection global directive and guidelines documentation as part of the EHS Management System
- Manage the Environmental Protection Aspects and Impacts risk assessment and ensure systematic application of harmonized methodologies across the divisions and regions
- Be a senior expert in questions and global solutions findings in the area of Environmental Protection ensuring Leadership and Governance for the following subject matter topics: Water, Waste, Air, Wastewater and Odor emission management and topics related.
- Develop the fundamentals of an odor management: evaluate the impact of plants on their neighborhood with dispersion modelling, determine the best odor treatment technologies, identify the most promising odor measurement methods
- Conduct audits as scheduled or once necessary as part of the Global Internal EHS Audit team
- Prepare and provide virtual or in person global training on environmental protection topics
- Monitor latest scientific and regulatory developments relating to Environmental Protection area of expertise
- Manage any emergency event that occur in EHS Environmental Protection area of expertise
- Provide global support for consistency and compliance
- Develop, implement, train and audit policies and systems
- Introduce changes in coordination with the business
- Represent us in industry association and expert groups forces
- Represent EHS in the Sustainability programs to achieve the inspiring company targets
- Liaise and negotiate with authorities regarding Environmental Protection subject
- Help develop comprehensive Sustainability global strategy.
- Be a Member of EHS CoE Leadership team
- Willingness to work in part time (0,5 FTE)
- University degree in Chemistry / Engineering / Environmental Science or equivalent.
- 10+ years of international experience in EHS, Environmental Protection, Sustainability
- Industry background of chemical / pharma / food production
- Fluent English
- Technical background in the area of Environmental Protection ensuring a Governance for the following subject matter topics : Water, Waste, Air, Wastewater and Odor emission and Aspects and Impacts Communication.
- Understand internal/external factors affecting Givaudan and its customers and industry benchmarks for quality, performance on the CoE Environmental Protection subject matter
- Sponsor individuals with capacity for increased responsibility
- Translate vision into action
- Openness to travel
- Excellent opportunities for progressive learning and development
- Additional paid days off
- Favorable pension fund contributions
- Subsidized meals in the Staff restaurant / You benefit from a discounted catering offer (incl. lunch)
- Sport and leisure club (amenities/showers on site)
- Discounts at the company shop
- Free Staff Parking and Bike Badge
- Subsidized: REKA vouchers and SBB half fare travel card
- Complimentary beverages (tea, coffee, water)
- Worldwide private accident coverage and free choice of hospital
- Worldwide private accident insurance
At Givaudan, you contribute to delightful taste and scent experiences that touch people’s lives.
You work within an inspiring teamwork culture – where you can thrive, collaborate and learn from other talented and passionate people across disciplines, regions and divisions.
Every essence of you enriches our world.
Givaudan is committed to equal opportunities. Therefore, we welcome applications regardless of cultural and social background, gender, age, religion or sexual identity.
We also have a safe working environment, progressive working conditions and are certified as an equal pay employer.
Join us and Impact Your World
Diversity drives innovation and creates closer connections with our employees, customers and partners.
Givaudan embraces diversity and is committed to building an inclusive environment where everyone impacts our world.