Global Environmental Sustainability Expert
SHL Medical is the world-leading solution provider in the design, development, and manufacturing of advanced drug delivery systems with more than 5000 employees worldwide. Our customers include top pharmaceutical and biotech companies from around the globe that require innovative devices such as auto-injectors or pen injectors to effectively deliver their drugs. Headquartered in Switzerland since late 2018, with sites in Sweden, Taiwan, and the United States.
At SHL Medical we develop devices that help our patients to get their treatment in the comfort of their homes. Health and Independency of our patients is our driver. At SHL Medical, we have set Environmental Social Governance (ESG) strategy to further increase the value created for patients, society and SHL Medical. We strive for continually reducing the carbon footprint of our operations and our products, enhancing the health and safety of our employees, and supporting our customers to achieve their sustainability commitments.
We are looking for an experienced professional with strategic and operational skills to help us leverage SHL Medical ESG strategy to best-in-class and to drive further systematic change across the organization. This is a unique opportunity to shape SHL Medical Sustainability & ESG strategy and work with senior leaders across the organization to drive impact.
This role reports to the Global Head of Sustainability. In this role you will be part of Global Sustainability team and collaborate with the internal community of experts to develop and drive key ESG initiatives.
- Development and implementation of an ambition Global Environmental sustainability strategy to achieve our environmental goals, namely the Science-based target.
- Develop, plan and implement environmental sustainability policies and procedures across the organization, engage with local site teams for its roll-out;
- Act as expert matter for environmental matters across the organization for any environmental related topic, coach local teams and perform ISO 14001 audits as per needs ;
- Manage environmental programs and activities globally in collaboration with multiple departments and local teams to achieve specific plans and goals;
- Support SHL Medical’s responses to sustainability rating questionnaires (CDP, etc.);
- Engage and support a community within SHL Medical for environmental related topics, share your passion for sustainability and help implement sustainability-related projects.
Skills and Qualification
- University degree in environmental engineering, environmental science or similar discipline;
- Requires minimum 10 years of relevant professional experience;
- Experience in working for an ambitious multinational company at the forefront of sustainability;
- Combine both excellent strategical skills, and pragmatic, hands-on, with strong operational background;
- Experience in EHS roles or similar, in operations, a plus;
- Experience with Science Based Targets, a plus;
- Demonstrated experience in ISO 14001, a plus;
- Highly motivated to work in sustainability – walk the talk;
- Team player ready to work in a global team of sustainability experts and create tangible impact;
- Fluent in English, required;
- Ability to travel 25%.
- Modern working environment with state-of-the-art facilities and technologies.
- Challenging assignments in a fast growing and innovative industry.
- Position in a dynamic, international team of highly skilled professionals.
- Various opportunities for personal and professional development within a global organization.
- Flexible hours and working from home policy.
- Centrally located office in Zug, very close to the train station.
Interested in joining SHL Medical and in supporting us with your expertise and personality? Then we look forward to receiving your application including your CV, motivation letter, and all other relevant documents to our Talent Acquisition Department at RecruitCH@shl-group.com.
Please note: For this position, we do not consider applications from recruitment agencies.