R&D Engineer – Power Electronics (80 – 100%)
Take your next career step at ABB with a global team that is energizing the transformation of society and industry to achieve a more productive, sustainable future. At ABB, we have the clear goal of driving diversity and inclusion across all dimensions: gender, LGBTQ+, abilities, ethnicity and generations. Together, we are embarking on a journey where each and every one of us, individually and collectively, welcomes and celebrates individual differences.
ABB Power Protection has a strong position in the global market. We develop and produce UPS (Uninterruptible Power Supplies) for a variety of customers all over the world. We are looking for an engineer for the design and development of UPS, that define and develop innovative power electronics solutions to fulfill customers’ requirements, within a multi-disciplinary team of electrical, mechanical, thermal and control experts. If you show great interest in Power Electronics and look forward to making the world of power protection change, this is your opportunity to make a remarkable impact.
- Design and develop power converters
- Specify components and define technical requirements with suppliers
- Support the overall design cycle of the new product, from simulation to validation and documentation, trough design and test
- Conduct and coordinate complex analyses, develop recommendations based on technology/engineering practices and business considerations
- Support operations and after sales organization during trouble shooting phases
- Master’s in electrical/Electronic Engineering with thesis in Power Electronics
- Knowledge in power semiconductor characteristic, inductors, and passive components
- Experience with power electronic design topologies, knowledge of UPS technology and familiarity with the power protection
- Experience with simulation tools -MATLAB/Simulink, LT Spice- and programming language -C-
- Good communication skills in English, both oral and written. Other languages are an asset
- Willingness to travel occasionally (5%)
More about us