Social & Environmental Sustainability Specialist
Division / Unit: Social & Environmental Sustainability / Division Management
Contract type: Permanent
Start date: 01.01.2024
The Social and Environmental Sustainability (SES) Specialist contributes to shaping and implementing the policies embedded in UEFA’s Football Sustainability Strategy 2030. The strategy is formulated around eleven policies, each supported by a goal for 2030, targets and key performance indicators.
This specialist will be tasked in particular with operationalising the human rights policies set out in the strategy. The S&E division’s work in this domain is centred on preventing and fighting all forms of abuse and discrimination as well as developing and enhancing inclusive environments and structures within European football.
A particular focus of the position will be implementing the child and youth protection policy, which aims to protect the rights of children and young people in football and prevent and respond to any form of harm.
- Contributing to the roll-out of plans and activities in the area of human rights, planning and managing projects and budgets, engaging stakeholders in change management and continuously improving UEFA’s performance and delivery capacity;
- Steering the day-to-day implementation of UEFA’s work on child and youth protection;
- Collaborating with UEFA members, partners and other stakeholders to create credible due diligence strategies, actionable policies and football-focused approaches, including by developing toolkits and knowledge development techniques and delivering training courses;
- Preparing and analysing data for reporting, and working closely with the communications team to build awareness, understanding and recognition of UEFA’s work on social sustainability;
- Developing advocacy messages to strengthen UEFA’s voice and leverage outreach platforms across the football ecosystem;
- Monitoring emerging trends and best practices and translating information into digestible and actionable insights.
- At least three years of experience working in protection, anti-discrimination, inclusion or similar
- Bachelor’s focusing on human rights or another relevant area (e.g. law, gender studies, sustainability)
- English / Proficient
- Any additional language would be an advantage
- MS Office / Proficient
- Good organisational skills and strong attention to detail
- Good knowledge of relevant international human rights guidelines, standards and frameworks
- Ability to plan and manage projects and work within budgets
- Motivated and committed team player, able to collaborate with internal and external stakeholders
- Able to process concepts and information into concrete, digestible educational and training materials
- Strong communication and presentation skills